Sunday, August 26, 2012

Oregon Vacation--Day 4

You all have been so sweet with your comments about our vacation!  It was so busy last week that I didn't have a chance to post any of our pictures.  I hope to finish this week!!  We stayed in Bend for two nights, and on the first day, we drove south to Crater Lake.  When we first began planning this trip, Crater Lake was not on our radar because of the extra driving.  I am soooo glad that the boys vetoed this, and were insistent that we see tit.  Y'all, this was one of the most beautiful sights that I have ever seen! Amazing!



We drove to the rim of Crater Lake with all of the other tourists....doing the touristy thing! Then, we looked at the various hikes that we could take.  Of course, the hardest one was chosen...thanks to child #1! Anyway, we drove to the trail head and began the ascent.  It was steep, but the trail itself was really good. Above is one of the many views of the deepest lake in the US.



They didn't have to ask me twice to stay on the trail!!! Mercy!



Almost at the summit...and there's snow!! You all can guess what happens next :).








"You thrill me, LORD, with all you have done for me!
I sing for joy because of what you have done.
O LORD, what great works you do!
And how deep are your thoughts."
Psalm 92:4-5
 
Sweet blessings,
Susan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Susan Hood Photography
CoffeeShop Designs